For most families, their home is their largest financial asset, and deciding to sell it is a big decision that involves a lot of preparation and work. When you’re ready to sell it’s important to have an experienced real estate professional handle the details involved in the successful sale of a home for top dollar.
As experienced professionals who have helped many Maple Ridge, Pitt Meadows & Mission residents sell their homes, we know how to handle every aspect of the sales process – from strategically marketing and showcasing your home to gain maximum market exposure to making sure everything’s signed, sealed and delivered by the closing date.
Providing you with comprehensive, high-quality listing service is our top priority! So when you decide to sell your home, contact us and let’s get started! Check out a sample of our recent work by viewing our past sales here!
Art & Nathan’s ‘Top 5’ Tips for Sellers
1. Preparing to sell, the best things you can do are still the cheapest; pick it up, put it away, clean it, paint it, recycle it, take it to the dump.
2. When selling, don’t be home for showings. Folks want to try your home on, not walk around your very own self sawing logs in the recliner.
3. Keep it tidy. ‘A Team’ posters, dishes in the sink, the rebel flag in junior’s bedroom and the ‘Parts for Sale’ van on the driveway are not typically sought after by the buying public. Cleanliness is next to Godliness, and it brings a better dollar….everytime.
4. Scoop the poop! Doris Day in her Perfect Pumps will get turned off in a heartbeat if she wanders into some of Fred’s Finest while watching her Realtor extoll the virtues of your new roof.
5. If you trust your Realtor, listen to their advice. If you don’t…..call us
Selling your home is a complex, multi-step process that calls for the expertise of a REALTOR®. There are many things you’ll need to consider, and to help you through it, here’s a general overview on what to expect and prepare.
Get Your Finances in Order
Don’t worry if you’re still paying off your mortgage, there are several options depending on what type of mortgage you have. However, you’ll need to talk to your lender before you can proceed.
Meet With a REALTOR®
It’s important to partner with a REALTOR® you feel completely comfortable with. Don’t fall for the trap of partnering with the first REALTOR® who suggests the highest asking price. Shop around. A good REALTOR® can help you price your home to sell, answer questions like “When is a good time to sell?” and has in-depth knowledge of the market.
Start your search for a reputable REALTOR®, by checking if family and friends have a prefered REALTOR® or search online for the most visible and professional one. Visit your local real estate office; pay attention to advertisements and For Sale signs.
Listing Your Home
Pricing your home too low or too high is not an option. Setting a fair price will attract more potential buyers, and give your home more exposure. Your REALTOR® should be able to explain to you the multitude of factors influencing pricing, including: competitive pricing, current market stats, and of course the estimated value of your home.
Marketing And Promotion
The next step will be to sign a Listing Agreement, which gives your REALTOR® permission to post your property on MLS (Multiple Listing Service). They’ll then begin marketing your home through a variety of mediums — digital and traditional — and inform other REALTORS® (representing buyers) that your property is on the market. Your REALTOR® can also help you prepare your home for staging.
After the hard work of marketing and promoting your home pays off, you’ll hopefully have a few offers on the table. Once you’ve accepted an offer, your buyer will want to conduct a home inspection and (potentially) negotiate the cost of any repairs. Finally, your lawyer and REALTOR® will walk you through the paperwork and legal bits needed to close.
Congratulations! With the sale of your home complete, you can now begin looking for a new place.